The revised standard promotes the adoption of a process approach based on the eight quality management principles. Developing, implementing and improving the effectiveness of a quality management system, enhances customer satisfaction by meeting, and aiming to exceed customer needs and expectations.
To comply with the standard companies are required to:
- Show commitment from top management
- Identify key processes
- Demonstrate awareness
- Meet/exceed customer & other requirements
- Aim from continual improvement
- QMS General Requirements
- Management Responsibility
- Resource Management
- Product Realisation
- Measurement, Analysis and Improvement
This Standard has been aligned with ISO 14001 and OHSAS18001 in order to enhance the compatibility of the three standards for the benefit of the user.